No Child Wet Behind - Raleigh
Each May, Doulas of Raleigh hosts the NoChildWetBehind Diaper Drive and Charity Event
Did you know that in America, nearly 1 in 3 families struggle to afford clean diapers for their children? When families cannot afford a healthy number of diapers for their babies, they're faced with a choice between buying diapers and paying for food, rent, or utilities, like heat. That's a choice that no family should have to make.
When parents do not have enough diapers they are sometimes forced to stretch the time between diaper changes to make their limited supply last. This can lead to serious health problems for babies, such as urinary tract or staph infections. In even worse cases, these kinds of stressors can contribute to the incidence of abuse and neglect.
Because there are no government assisted programs to help families with diaper need, parents that struggle to provide enough clean diapers for their children rely on nonprofit organizations to bridge the diaper gap. NoChildWetBehind, Saint Saviour's Center's The Diaper Train, and the Diaper Bank of North Carolina are essential for families. In 2017 alone, The Diaper Train served over 3500 children, distributing nearly 65,000 diapers to families in need each month.
So How Can We Help?
On May 5, 2018, Doulas of Raleigh will host our NoChildWetBehind Diaper Drive and Charity Event at Lonerider Brewing Company in order to benefit Saint Saviour's Center's The Diaper Train and The Diaper Bank of North Carolina. Come out and help us build a world record breaking diaper cake, while enjoying family fun events, boutique shopping, and of course Lonerider's award winning craft brews. Our goal is to raise over 15,000 diapers for our local beneficiaries, a goal we cannot meet without you! Click on the button below to pre-order tickets for our event.
Here's how you can get involved:
- Donate Diapers: There will be diaper collection boxes placed around Wake County where you can drop-off your diapers. Amazon purchasing is also available!
- Diaper Drop-Off Locations: Davis Family Chiropractic LLC (Raleigh); buybuy Baby (Morrisville); Baby+Co. (Cary); Brice's Brewing (Garner); My Way Tavern (Holly Springs & Raleigh); Cornerstone Pediatrics (Cary); and Goldfish Swim School (Cary)
- Amazon Wishlist: http://a.co/f74TvzW
- Donate Money: If you can't make it out to our event on May 5, 2018, you can still contribute towards our cause. Any amount helps! Click here to donate directly to NoChildWetBehind.
- Become a Sponsor or Vendor: We are looking for financial sponsors for our May 2018 NoChildWetBehind event, as well as vendors to participate in our boutique shopping the day of. If you are interested in becoming a sponsor or vendor, please contact us for a sponsorship packet. If you are ready to become a sponsor or vendor, you can register here.
- Volunteer: To make this huge event a success, we will need volunteers the day of. Contact us for more information on how you can help.
- Spread the Word: We have flyers and diaper donation boxes ready to go. If you would like to host these at your place of business, please contact us. We want everyone to know about this wonderful event!