Your baby is here! Now what?
The arrival of a new baby is a joyous occasion, but it can also be overwhelming, even for veteran parents. Is it normal for my body to feel this way? Is feeding supposed to be so complicated? Is my baby getting enough sleep?
Trying to find the answers to these questions in a sea of opinions can leave parents feeling confused and unsure.
A postpartum doula is there to help you navigate all these questions with nonjudgmental, evidence-based information and hands-on support. From help with feeding, diapering, and bathing to providing emotional encouragement on the toughest days, our postpartum doulas strive to empower families and build their confidence.
Doulas of Raleigh's Postpartum Doulas assist with:
- Feeding: We have extensive experience with breastfeeding, bottle-feeding, and formula feeding. We will support you with whatever choice is right for your family.
- Sleeping: New families need sleep and we are here to facilitate that by encouraging healthy, developmentally appropriate sleep habits for your baby. We also want parents to get more sleep and are available for overnight care or daytime baby care so you can nap.
- Physical and Emotional Care: We are newborn care experts and can help you with all the day-to-day questions that arise with new babies. We are also here to help with your postpartum recovery - physical and emotional - so you can get the rest and support you need.
- Sibling Adjustment: For second and third time parents, worrying about how your "first baby" will react to the new baby is completely normal. A postpartum doula can ease the transition by making sure that siblings get plenty of love and attention.
- Meal Prep and Planning: Staying nourished is key to a healthy postpartum recovery. We are happy to fix snacks, put dinner in the crockpot, run to the grocery store, or even help with more extensive meal planning.
- Household Tasks: You've got big things to take care of; let us worry about the little things. Postpartum doulas help with laundry, dishes, and basic tidying so you can enjoy more baby snuggles.
- Referrals: We pride ourselves on our professional network of area providers and are always happy to make referrals for anything you might need during this time.
First time or veteran parents, parents of singletons or multiples, returning to work soon or staying home indefinitely - no matter what your situation, you deserve a supported postpartum time.
Doulas of Raleigh offers daytime or overnight care. As an agency, our scheduling is flexible and we are always available for you. Contact us today to learn more and find the package that is right for you.