Starbucks recently released its own version of a unicorn...the much discussed Unicorn Frappuccino. If you haven't heard about it, you can read more about it here.
Because we are doulas and we have pregnancy on the brain, we can't help but think that pregnancy has a few things in common with this liquid rainbow of dreams. Read on to find out how....
5 Ways Pregnancy is Like a Starbucks Unicorn Frappuccino
1. Parts of it are sweet....there's nothing like hearing the heartbeat for the first time or feeling those first little flutters.
2. Parts of it are sour....morning sickness, anyone?
3. Everyone has an opinion about it...from what you should eat to where and how you should birth to what you should name your baby...it seems like everyone has an opinion and they are happy to share it freely.
4. It's for a limited time....just like those 5 days of the unicorn frapp flew by, so will your pregnancy. Take some time to savor it.
5. It's magical...you're totally growing a human! That's amazing! Even more magical is when your little one finally arrives and you see that precious baby and hold her in your arms for the first time. We are pretty sure that beats a unicorn any day.